If you are starting to think about where to go for a family holiday and struggling to decide from the hundreds of luxury 5 star resorts available for families, the Just Resorts team of resort experts have come up with their top 10 to help guide you through.
What do we look for when recommending resorts for families?
- Facilities – a good mix of activities for children of all ages from excellent kids club programs for the younger guests to more adventurous for teenagers
- Type of accommodation – interconnecting and family suites located on the lower floors, preferably ground floor
- Food – excellent dining options including kids menus , buffets, a variety of board options including all-inclusive
- Location – good flight times and location in proximity to the airport and of course close to or on the beach
- Price – value for money – not cheap, but a genuine feeling of 'I am really getting what I have paid for'
Take a look at some of our most popular family resorts:
1. Gloria Golf & Serenity Resorts in Turkey – both 5 star resorts, located side by side, fabulous all-inclusive concept available and boasts it's very own waterpark, amphitheatre and bowling alley. Choose from the hotel or in-resort villas. Prices start at £737pp half board including flights and transfers.
2. La Manga Club Resort in Spain, voted safest resort in Europe. Features 28 tennis courts, 3 championship golf courses, football, cricket and dance academies plus a wide variety of accommodation options from a 5 star hotel at the heart of the resort to hundreds of individual private villas, townhouses and apartments located throughout. Hotel prices start at just £559pp B&B including flights and transfers.
3. Sheraton Algarve & Pine Cliffs Residences in the Algarve – appealing to families with children of all ages. Superb kids club and facilities like the 18 hole mini-golf course. A variety of excellent restaurants and different accommodation types to suit all family types and sizes. Plus the launch of a brand new development of luxury suites in June 2016! Prices start at £597pp including flights and transfers.
4. Martinhal Beach Resort Hotel & Villas in the Algarve – a superb resort for families with children of all ages. The main hotel features 37 rooms within the main hotel complex, as well as 116 'village' houses and a wide range of villas, including around 20 luxury villas that can accommodate large groups of family and friends (they can include their own pools). Prices start at £741pp B&B including flights and private transfers.
5. Ikos Olivia in Halkidiki, Greece – a top class luxury resort which only opened this year and has already amassed a strong following. Ultra-luxury all-inclusive concept with a brilliant range of activities for children including 'Babewatch' - parents can enjoy some downtime for 30 minutes on the beach whilst children are kept occupied at the resorts own beachside tent, with activities provided. Prices start at £585pp all-inclusive including flights and private transfers.
6. Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort, Crete –a superb resort for families in a stunning setting. Activity clubs available from Crèche to Teenagers offering an excellent mix of activities including dancing lessons and an Arsenal Soccer School Camp. Prices start from £754pp B&B including flights and transfers.
7. Marbella Corfu, Corfu – a tranquil resort, amazingly packed with facilities and activities for the whole family including 6 restaurants, 5 swimming pools and kids clubs starting as young as 4 months! Prices start from £404pp half board including flights and transfers.
8. Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa, Marbella, Spain – an exclusive resort ideal for families and couples offering a superb range of accommodation types. 4 excellent restaurants, including the renowned Namazake Japanese. Prices start from £808pp B&B including flights and transfers.
9. Gran Hotel Bahai del Duque Resort, Costa Adeje, Tenerife – impeccable service, high standard of accommodation and on-resort activities for children and parents! Prices start from £829pp B&B including flights and transfers.
10. Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real, Fuerteventura, Canaries – boasting the best beach in the Canaries, this award winning resort features excellent family accommodation including spacious Junior Suites to accommodate whole families or interconnecting rooms. There is a children's pool and dedicated menus as well as a varied programme of events at the kids club. Prices start from £695pp B&B including flights and transfers.
Please note, these are guide prices and are subject to change; prices may vary due to fluctuations in flight and hotel availability, and exchange rate. Terms & conditions apply.
Call our experienced team of Resort Experts who have personally visited and vetted all these featured resorts on 01625 865071 or visit our website at www.justresorts.co.uk.
Photos: Gloria Serenity villas, La Manga Hotel, villa at Martinhal Beach Resort, Marbella Corfu, Puente Romano pool, Bahai del Duque Resort and beach at Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real.