After a wait of almost two years, St. Catherine's church is pleased to announce that they will be hosting the Knitted Bible exhibition this advent.
Joanne Rogers said "Parishioners at St George's United Reformed Church created the exhibition, The Knitted Bible, which consists of 33 knitted Biblical scenes.
"The project incorporates hundreds of knitted figures which feature in knitted scenes depicting stories such as Adam and Eve, The Last Supper, Noah's Ark and of course, The Nativity.
"It has been touring the country for number of years with the aim of engaging school children and members of the public. The knitted figures present well known stories in another way. Some of the stories we know and some of them are less obvious, but even if you are not very religious the amount of work and craftsmanship is unbelievable. It is accessible for all ages and even nursery children visit the Knitted Bible.
"After St. Catherine's the Knitted Bible will continue its national tour so catch it while you can!"
Local residents can visit the Knitted Bible at St. Catherine's Church on Birtles Lane, Over Alderley from 26th November to 6th December. There is no need to book. For daytime openings tea, coffee and cakes will be on offer. In the evening there will also be the option of a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie.
The Knitted Bible opening times
- Friday 26th November 10.00 Grand Opening of the Knitted Bible by Bishop Mark, the Bishop of Chester
- Saturday 27th November: 10am – 12noon; 2pm – 4pm.
- Sunday 28th November: 1.15pm – 2.30pm
- Thursday 2nd December: 4pm – 7pm.
- Friday 3rd December: 4pm – 7pm.
- Saturday 4th December: 10am – 12noon; 2pm – 4pm
- Sunday 5th December: 11.15am Family Service to 1pm; 4pm – 7pm with a closing by Bishop Sam, the Bishop of Stockport.
For anyone who is able to, a £2 donation would be most welcome. For group bookings at any other time contact Jo or Nicola 01625 861 310/ 01625 860 815.