Cheshire East Council will continue to deliver a full waste and recycling collection service across the borough and is announcing its 2022 Christmas bin collection schedule today.
Ansa – Cheshire East Council's wholly-owned environmental services company – will be placing information stickers on black bins of those households whose normal collections fall on the bank holidays and advising residents of changes to their collection schedule over the Christmas and New Year period.
For this festive season, there will be no garden waste collections from Monday 19th December to Sunday 8th January 2023. These collections will resume as normal on Monday 9th January.
Councillor Mick Warren, chair of Cheshire East Council's environment and communities committee, said: "As I do every year, I send my thanks to all our colleagues who continue to do an excellent job collecting the borough's waste and recycling.
"After two years of the industry feeling the strong impacts of Covid, the resilience our workforce has continued to show has been outstanding.
"As in previous years, we have started to issue our Christmas collection stickers. We would like to remind residents that collection days and changes to these dates can be found online. Please check these new bin collection arrangements to see if collections are due to fall on the bank holidays over the festive period. It's also important to note that it will take a few weeks to sticker bins and that not all households will be affected.
"Some collections will be brought forward, and others pushed back, depending on your normal bin collection day. If space in your garden bin is limited, please put your food waste into your black bin as a temporary measure."
The changes will only affect those households that have their household waste or recycling collections on a Monday or a Tuesday.
- There will be no garden waste collections between Monday 19 December and Sunday 8 January. Collections will resume on Monday 9 January, 2023.
- There will be no recycling or black bin collections on Monday 26 December (Boxing Day), or Monday 2 January (New Year's Day Bank Holiday)
- If your black bin was due for collection on Monday 26 December, it will now be collected on Friday 23 December
- If your silver bin was due for collection on Monday 26 December, it will now be collected on Thursday 22 December
- If your black bin was due for collection on Tuesday 27 December, it will now be collected on Thursday 29 December
- If your silver bin was due for collection on Tuesday 27 December, it will now be collected on Wednesday 28 December
- If your black bin was due for collection on Monday 2 January, it will now be collected on Tuesday 3 January
- If your silver bin was due for collection on Monday 2 January, it will now be collected on Friday 30 December.
The council requests that you put your bin is out for 6.30am on all collection days.
Local household waste and recycling centres will continue to stay open (except for Christmas Day) to accept garden waste and any excess household waste.