Festival Hall Plans?

Posted: Thursday, 15th December, 2011 at 21:12
Chris Stock

http://architecturecollective.org/festival-hall-alderley-edge/

Please, someone tell me this is a joke.  It’s absolutely horrible.
...and who is paying who £4m (and no pence) and for what?

If you weren’t poorly before going into the lime-green waiting room, you will be after sitting there awhile.

I’m rather hoping this is just one of many tenders to refurb the Festival Hall.

Posted: Friday, 16th December, 2011 at 8:56
James Garrett

wow and its only going to cost £4 million!!!. whos going to fund that?

Posted: Friday, 16th December, 2011 at 9:08
Martin Reeves

Very interesting find Chris. Also on that site is a whole video sequence that is worth watching - just scroll down a bit on http://architecturecollective.org/news/

Posted: Friday, 16th December, 2011 at 10:38
Susan Holland

When was this tender submitted? Does anyone know?

Posted: Friday, 16th December, 2011 at 13:26
Fiona Doorbar

This is one ugly looking building - Please someone tell me this is one from a selection of proposals/tenders?

Posted: Friday, 16th December, 2011 at 13:35
Jon Williams

This is a Design Tender, and a very “Top End” one as well, this will (or has been) given out to any of the Building Companys interested inc.the one on the doorstep.

Posted: Saturday, 14th January, 2012 at 19:35
Brian Etchells

Please, someone tell me this is a joke!!!!!!!  IT IS ONE HORRIBLE LOOKING BUILDING!!!!

Posted: Tuesday, 17th January, 2012 at 23:13
Fiona Braybrooke

Please do not also forget the plans for the adjacent allotments?  How can we forget that this is also all part of the grand scheme!

Posted: Friday, 20th January, 2012 at 9:34
Louise Mason

I’ve just watched the video and I’m in shock. I really can’t believe this could be a legitimate proposal. It’s like a bad joke! It’s so inappropriate for the location and purpose.

Posted: Friday, 20th January, 2012 at 16:51
James Garrett

I suggest that everybody goes to the meeting on Thurday 26th at 7pm at the festival hall to find out what they are doing!!! Who knows with this parish council!!!

Posted: Friday, 20th January, 2012 at 17:14
Frank Keegan

The Consultation, arranged by the Medical Practice and the PCT, is, I thought, from 4pm to 7pm. So if you turn up at 7pm you will be too late.

Posted: Friday, 20th January, 2012 at 17:16
James Garrett

Thank you

Posted: Friday, 20th January, 2012 at 22:30
Louise Mason

I will be there

Posted: Tuesday, 24th January, 2012 at 14:38
Geoff Hall

It really is shocking how easily people confuse creative concepts with reality and then rush to take offence without checking their facts. This is just one design idea and I am told was quickly rejected. Don’t know who found the link but they really should have done a bit of homework before posting it here.

Posted: Tuesday, 24th January, 2012 at 16:49
Claire MacLeod

Geoff

What’s really shocking is that the electorate in Alderley Edge have to try to piece together ‘reality’ as the Parish Council is far from transparent about its long-term intentions and only provides information on a ‘need-to-know’ basis, and even then apparently reluctantly.  The Council’s refusal to provide opportunity for residents to express concerns or ask direct questions at Council Meetings simply exacerbates this impression of playing their cards very close to their chests. This is further emphasised by certain (not all) Councillors taking a ‘we know best’ position when challenged.  That’s what’s really shocking.

Posted: Tuesday, 24th January, 2012 at 22:16
Chris Stock

Geoff - ‘A bit of homework’ would have taken you to the first post in the thread which gives a bit of a clue about who posted the link.  I don’t think anyone here genuinely thought this was a) the only proposal or b) ever likely to be built.

Posted: Wednesday, 25th January, 2012 at 16:02
Graham McLelland

This er joke of a building does not appear to be sensitive to the area ,amazing our so called elected reps deem it even judgable,its pathetic

Posted: Thursday, 26th January, 2012 at 15:32
Geoff Hall

Chris, I did see who made the first post. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. It was just conceivable that you had received the “information” (for want of a better word) in good faith from someone else. The source you have used is so clearly a piece of artwork designed to show off on an architectural website, that common sense would suggest a few checks would be advisable before posting it and alarming people.
I have no connection to the Parish Council but I do wonder why councillors volunteer their services at all when they have to deal with so much ill-informed nonsense.

Post a reply to this topic

Please note that the discussion forums are not to be used for commercial promotions and advertising.

In order to post in the forum please sign in using the form below or register to become a member (it's free and will only take one minute).

Keep me signed in (unless I sign out)

Advertisement
Advertisement