Age UK Cheshire East is offering local support to older people at this difficult time with befriending calls and welfare support checks.
If you know of an older person who may need some extra support during the lockdown then Age UK have a number of volunteers who will make well-being calls to older people in Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, Handforth and the surrounding villages.
This could include:
- A simple catch up to check on general welfare
- A friendly chat to ease the boredom of isolation
- Putting you in touch with local groups to ensure you have essential supplies
- Providing you with general information and reassurance
- Signposting you to practical support in your local area
To request a call ring 01625 612958 between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday or email email@example.com to book a call.
Priority will be given to those over 70 and living alone.