Alderley Edge First have retained all nine seats on Alderley Edge Parish Council which they won at the last election 4 years when they defeated the nine Conservative candidates.
The group which came together a few months before the 2015 local elections to challenge the existing Alderley Edge Parish Council members, have achieved a second comprehensive victory.
Councillor Craig Browne said "We would like to thank everyone who turned out to vote. We are nine village residents who have pledged to do our best for our community.
"During our first term of office we worked hard to be open and accessible and to defend the interests of all our fellow residents. These are the same principles we will take forward over the next four years."
The turnout was 42.73% which is relatively high for a parish council election, the turnout for the two Wilmslow wards which have been announced so far was 14.76% and 14.51%.
Eleven candidates stood for the nine seats on Alderley Edge Parish Council.
The results were:
- Paul Nicholas Brearley, Conservative Party - 323 votes
- Craig Julian Browne, Alderley Edge* First - 1322 votes, elected
- Bev Chapman, Alderley Edge First - 1155 votes, elected
- Ashley Comiskey Dawson, Independent - 257 votes
- Mike Dudley-Jones, Alderley Edge First* - 1146 votes, elected
- Myles Thomas Garbett, Alderley Edge First* - 1087 votes, elected
- Rachael Emily Grantham, Alderley Edge First* - 1288 votes, elected
- Sarah Louise Greenwood, Alderley Edge First* - 1166 votes, elected
- Geoff Hall, Alderley Edge First* - 1161 votes, elected
- Liz Marshall, Alderley Edge First - 1183 votes, elected
- Mike Taylorson, Alderley Edge First* - 1102 votes, elected
* Existing Parish Councillor prior to the election on May 2nd 2019.