Castle rock studio

Posted: Saturday, 29th June, 2013 at 18:28
Karen Robinson

How much longer do we have to put up with this awful din! If that’s the music their promoting then they should be shut down!

Posted: Saturday, 29th June, 2013 at 22:24
Jon Williams

Fully agree karen - 8.45 this morning it started, some of the music is not even music !

Posted: Sunday, 30th June, 2013 at 0:59
George Marshy

I understand you’re point, I mean I don’t really like that sort of music, but its only one day in a year, and many people enjoy it! Surely that’s good enough reason for it to go ahead? And it also helps attract people to the area, which can only be a good thing. Just be a little less cynical please people! :D

Posted: Sunday, 30th June, 2013 at 14:47
Ann Millar-Mills

The music doesn’t have to be as loud as it was - with double glazing and all windows and doors closed I couldn’t listen to my radio or hear my tv clearly. Felt sorry for those who live nearer the event - must have been deafening.

Posted: Sunday, 30th June, 2013 at 19:34
Steve Marshall

You folk need to get a life….it was 1 day out of the year. I was catering there & yes, some of the music wasn’t to my taste, but it was a “festival” & everyone enjoyed themselves….I think some folk just live to whinge. Thank god u don’t live near Glastonbury!!!

Posted: Sunday, 30th June, 2013 at 20:34
Dina Robinson

Ive got a life Steve. It includes working hard ,including Saturdays, and normally being able to return home and at this time of year being able to sit in my garden and relax. Not last night. At least i only had to endure it for the evening, all my neighbours had to put up with it all day.
Its good to see the studio in Alderley Edge but surely that type of outdoor event should be staged well away from residential areas.
They said it would end at 10.30 and it did so thankyou for that.

Posted: Sunday, 30th June, 2013 at 22:30
Karen Robinson

Thank god I don’t live near Glastonbury! I was so close to calling the police because that was just pure noise pollution! No need for it to be that loud at all!  At least at Glastonbury the majority of music played is in tune !

Posted: Monday, 1st July, 2013 at 11:23
Lesley Broome

As Steve pointed out, it was one day of the year…you are lucky it stopped at 10.30pm…do you complain about the fireworks that go on and on past midnight? On new years eve as well as guy fawkes night!
I’d love to live near Glastonbury, what a buzz to listen to all that music and broaden your tastes…fab

Posted: Monday, 1st July, 2013 at 14:00
Dina Robinson

I love fireworks .

Posted: Monday, 1st July, 2013 at 15:16
Claire MacLeod

I concur with all those who found the noise objectionable.  It is nothing to do with not appreciating the value of a ‘music festival’.  Even one that appears to be featuring performers who lack any apparent musical talent, as this one did. 

The cacophony was appalling!  It struck me that it may have been an event designed to allow the participants to live out their fantasies as ‘rock stars’, but to the detriment of all residents within a 5 mile radius. 

When the sound test kicked off at 8.50 in the morning, it was a sign of what we could expect.  Except at least that was music. 

Look, go ahead and make whatever noise you want, but don’t impose it on those of us who chose to live in this area because we enjoy a peaceful, relaxing weekend.  Find a field, miles from anywhere (just like the Glastonbury festival), and go crazy!

Posted: Monday, 1st July, 2013 at 18:11
Craig Wilson

I was disappointed that it took till 6.30 pm for the first moan to appear here !

;-)

Posted: Tuesday, 2nd July, 2013 at 13:13
Mike Norbury

beats listening to the cackle of drunks in the street, boy racers on the bypass and people with no sense of value exploding expensive fireworks at any flippant excuse. one day a year doesn’t seem excessive for a LOCAL business to showcase their artists

Posted: Tuesday, 2nd July, 2013 at 21:59
Amanda May

The noise issue could have been resolved by facing the stage towards the bypass and the countryside.

Posted: Wednesday, 3rd July, 2013 at 14:51
Ann Millar-Mills

I agree with Amanda - facing the stage towards the open fields would have reduced the noise endured on other side of the railway line.  Fireworks should be banned after 11pm at all
times.

Posted: Wednesday, 3rd July, 2013 at 15:33
Lesley Broome

Really does depend on which way the wind is blowing for noise reduction…come on people, one day and you’re all treating it like the end of the world…get a life

Posted: Wednesday, 3rd July, 2013 at 19:19
Claire MacLeod

It’s comments like ‘get a life’ that exacerbate this, Lesley.  Whilst I appreciate your desire to listen to this kind of music in an open air environment - for one day or more -, it would be generous for you to acknowledge that there are plenty who don’t share the same desire.  Why resort to personal insults?

Whilst the suggestion of facing the stage in the other direction is a reasonable one, I agree with you, as it happens.  Wind direction will dictate where the sound travels.  So why not relocate?  To a place miles from anywhere with residences.  Then everyone will be happy. :)

Posted: Wednesday, 3rd July, 2013 at 20:57
Dina Robinson

Thank you Claire, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Posted: Thursday, 4th July, 2013 at 9:58
Lesley Broome

Ok then, why not go and discuss any future concerts the studio may put on and put your views to them….instead of hiding on a forum to air your discrepancies

Posted: Thursday, 4th July, 2013 at 10:36
Jon Williams

One day for a Music Concert, one week for Bonfire night, New Years Eve, I think that’s more than just once a year !

Posted: Thursday, 4th July, 2013 at 20:56
Craig Wilson

Lesley, the comments certainly are not hidden, in fact it appears the best way to air views around here and for them to be acted on.

Castle rock will be reading this thread for sure.

Post a reply to this topic

Please note that the discussion forums are not to be used for commercial promotions and advertising.

In order to post in the forum please sign in using the form below or register to become a member (it's free and will only take one minute).

Keep me signed in (unless I sign out)

Advertisement
Advertisement