2 Stray dogs, black & Tan

Posted: Thursday, 7th March, 2013 at 16:14
Caley Pakenham-Walsh

On returning from school run in Nether Alderley (approx 3.25pm) we came across 2 stray St. Bernard type dogs walking up Artists Lane. We were unable to catch them and they eventually wandered off on the footpath to the left just after the wooden owl carving and we lost them. If anyone knows anything please let me know. Caley 07976 606949

Posted: Thursday, 7th March, 2013 at 18:55
Dina Robinson

Think that one of the dogs was retrieved from my back garden by its owner at about 4.45. About 1.5 miles from Artists Lane so a bit worrying that dogs of that size have been loose for such a length of time. No sign of the other dog though.

Posted: Thursday, 7th March, 2013 at 19:21
Ricky Lee

One of the dog spotted near Alderley Edge Train station on London Road.

Posted: Friday, 8th March, 2013 at 1:28
Peter Cooke

By the sound of it they are the dogs that belong to Anderson, the Man United footballer. They seem to get out on a very regular basis. They are such magnificent dogs and the roads around here are so busy, I hope nothing bad happens to them or for that matter to any motorist who encounters them.

Posted: Friday, 8th March, 2013 at 8:36
Steve Flanagan

I saw a similar looking dog running down Ryleys Lane around 4.30pm it turned into Eton Drive

Posted: Friday, 8th March, 2013 at 9:53
Joy Haszeldine

Is there any further news on the Bernese Mountain dog?  We saw it yesterday walking in the road just before the railway bridge in the village.  I pulled my car over and my daughter got out and tried to catch the dog but was unable to as it darted away down Ryles Lane. It was clearly very stressed and afraid. Such a beautiful dog. I will be walking my dogs today so will keep a look out for it if its not yet been located and returned to its owner.

Posted: Friday, 8th March, 2013 at 11:09
Dina Robinson

The driver of the 4 x 4 (who incidentally didnt get out of the car) was accompanied by a boy wearing a Ryleys uniform so perhaps this could explain why one of the dogs was spotted close to The Ryleys School.

Post a reply to this topic

Please note that the discussion forums are not to be used for commercial promotions and advertising.

In order to post in the forum please sign in using the form below or register to become a member (it's free and will only take one minute).

Keep me signed in (unless I sign out)

Advertisement
Advertisement