Post Office

Posted: Tuesday, 16th November, 2010 at 13:30
Yasmin Din

Does anybody know what’s happening with the Post Office in the Village?  There is a sign on the door saying that the retail business (cards etc) has effectively closed but that the Post Office will remain open for the foreseeable future.  Let’s hope we are not going to lose another vital service in the village.  I wonder if anybody would be interested in taking over the retail business if that’s possible?

Posted: Wednesday, 17th November, 2010 at 15:50
Martin Reeves

Lisa has spoken with everyone involved and written up an article “Post Office says it’s business as usual” at http://bit.ly/8Z6HGs

Doesn’t look good at the moment. If you walk past the Post Office in its current state you would be forgiven for thinking it has completely shut down. Hopefully that will not be detrimental to the takings at the Post Office counter which could be subsequently used as justification for closing it.

Post a reply to this topic

Please note that the discussion forums are not to be used for commercial promotions and advertising.

In order to post in the forum please sign in using the form below or register to become a member (it's free and will only take one minute).

Keep me signed in (unless I sign out)

Advertisement
Advertisement