Cigarette Butts on Heyes Lane

Posted: Friday, 12th March, 2010 at 12:55
Joel Mahoney

Has anyone else noticed the sheer amount of cigarette butts littering the streets of Alderley, specifically outside of Bridgeford House by the train station?

I have just returned from a business trip to India and I’m not exaggerating when I say the streets in the slums of Calcutta are cleaner (and no doubt more hygenic).

I for one find smoking to be a filthy habit in itself and the people who participate in it are usually selfish - this just confirms my belief. They obviously have no consideration for others or indeed for the state of the pathways of our village. Alderley is a great place to live and is regularly voted as one of the most attractive areas in the country - are we going to stand by and let it be ruined?

Does anyone know who we should direct our ire at? I am sure that with the weight of public opinion behind us we could track down and shame the perpertrators into stopping defacing our village.

Posted: Friday, 12th March, 2010 at 20:26
Yasmin Din

The cigarette butts are also in abundance outside Tescos and around the corner onto Clifton Street.  The people working at Bridgeford House (Chess employees?) can be seen smoking on the pavement particularly if you are going past around lunchtime, as can the Tesco workers outside Tescos.  Hopefully both employers will take appropriate action if enough residents complain.

Posted: Wednesday, 14th April, 2010 at 20:46
Craig Wilson

I don’t get why a lot of smokers appear to think it’s ok to throw butts away, it’s just a scummy chav thing to do…..........

Posted: Monday, 25th July, 2011 at 17:54
Peter Wright

Smoking is going to happen wherever you are. Get over it. Where do you suggest they smoke?
People are banned from smoking at work, in pubs etc, loosing revenue from lack of customers.
You have got your own way, but where are these people who objected to it?, they are certainly not going out.
You may find it a ‘filthy habit’ but some people enjoy it.
Dont’t blame the smokers, they have to smoke somewhere, maybe there should be more smoking bins available, Eg by employers!,  I am positive that smokers would use them,
PS I am a non smoker, but know plenty that are and would never judge them.

Posted: Monday, 25th July, 2011 at 19:14
Jon Williams

Employees of Chess are the main ones, it would be better if they had a smokers shelter in the car park.

Posted: Thursday, 17th November, 2011 at 12:42
Steve Marshall

Why don’t the smokers just eat their dimps, that way ensuring a light snack as well as a relaxing cigarette?

Post a reply to this topic

Please note that the discussion forums are not to be used for commercial promotions and advertising.

In order to post in the forum please sign in using the form below or register to become a member (it's free and will only take one minute).

Keep me signed in (unless I sign out)

Advertisement
Advertisement